The Top 15 Benefits of Homeschooling
You get to…
- Control what your children learn and when they learn it.
- Show your children that learning is not boring, but exciting.
- Build intimate and meaningful relationships with your children.
- Tailor your teaching to fit your children’s dominant learning styles.
- Give your children in-depth, personal attention in any subject with which they struggle or excel.
- Create a weekly schedule that fits your needs and allows you to do things without the constraint of a traditional classroom schedule.
- Transfer your values and beliefs to your children and address their questions when they have them.
- Protect your children from the negative influences they may encounter outside the home.
- Teach more effectively by interacting with your children 1-on-1.
- Nurture your children’s natural (musical, artistic, mathematic) talents so they thrive and grow.
- Address “big issues” with your children when you feel they’re ready.
- Share with your children the common, everyday joys of life.
- Help your children mature through the difficult times in their lives.
- Share the joy of teaching your children with your spouse.
- Take vacations during the school year and make them educational.